If you have installed a template at your website and find the default Joomla contact form captcha is not working correctly complete the following steps to fix the issue.
- Open the FTP software installed on your computer
- Open a connection to your website via FTP
- Browse to the /templates/template-name/html/com_contact/ directory
- Change the template-name to the name of the template you have downloaded at the website
- Rename the /com_contact/ directory to /com_contact_old/
Joomla will now use the default contact form HTML over ride files for the web site and the captcha should now appear in the contact form.
If you need any further help or have any questions please open a support ticket at the website.